About this building
The Terminus was built in 1880 as the Railway Central Terminus Hotel. It was designed by Architect John Burnside and built on land that had been recently reclaimed land near 'The Triangle', which is now known as Queens Gardens.
It served as a Hotel for 125 years before recently being redeveloped into upmarket apartments. The work involved an extensive contemporary refurbishment of the building, including earthquake strengthening, while retaining and exposing the heritage fabric of the building.
The Terminus contains:
8 One & Two Bedroom Apartments
Moiety Restaurant: https://www.moiety.restaurant/
Urbn Vino Urban Winery: http://www.urbnvino.nz/
The Tart Tin Boutique Bakehouse: https://thetarttin.co.nz/
Apartments for rent
One and two bedroom apartments
Eight Apartments are available for rent - from short stays to long term rental - including one and two bedroom units.
Balconies, mezzanine floors and storage lofts are features of the units.
Apartments overlook Queens Gardens and the Waterfront.
For further information contact Antonia Wood:
Or, for short - mid term stays, book at: